Anyone Who GOOGLES Can Do SEO: Get Traffic To Your Site
- Web Design
- Site Navigation Structure
- Content & Internal Linking
Before you say “this is way too complicated for me” – no, it is not – there are a few tips you can easily follow to increase your rankings – even if you can’t hire a professional to help you out.The design of your website is the mirror image of your operation in the network – it simply has to be secure (https), responsive (mobile friendly) unique and perfect. With a good web design you win credibility and professionalism. A poorly designed website can easily ruin the image of your business on the internet. If you are not comfortable designing a web page, you’re better off leaving the job to web designers. Different designs on each page, unreadable text due to poor contrast, the lack of titles and descriptions, excessive use of animations and graphics, colors and text fonts are just some elements that point to bad web design. Check your Homepage! If you are guilty of these elements, turn to experts to give your site a new look. Content is king and can increase the success of your website. The placement in search engine results, the number of visitors or the traffic to your website depend on good or bad content. Good content should entertain your visitors and encourage them to buy your products or services.The navigation is an important element of any web page.
Elements such as header, navigation, content and footer should have a logical layout on the web page.
A clear and simple navigation is very important for the success of a page. The visitor should not be confused and disoriented when he or she wants to find the services of your operation. As soon as visitors get confused with your site, they will leave faster than you think.
The success of a website doesn’t just depend on design and content. Your website has to reach the right audience. An internet site has no potential to attract customers if they do not know that it exists.The overall success of a website depends on the SEO. SEO brings targeted people to your website. People use search engines every day to explore specific topics, products, and services. Most search engine users only find the results that are displayed on the first page of the search result list credible. The second page of the list will be considered only by a small number of users, and the third page is pretty much ignored.
The Guide to SEO
It does not take a genius to realize that SEO is crucial when we talk about the success of a website. The most common cause of a failed web project is bad SEO. The optimization of a website can be divided into two categories:
- On-site optimization
- Off-site optimization
On-site optimization is performed directly on your website so that it can achieve a better ranking in the search engines. On-site means that on your website, the content and technology are optimized so that search engines can analyze and evaluate the optimum website experience.
• Keywords: The first and most important step in SEO is to find the right keywords and phrases to optimize the site. Choosing the right keywords is not a simple task. Keyword tools like Google AdWords Keyword Planner can help you find the right keywords. Write down the keywords that describe your business – Google Adwords will suggest the best phrases for your business. Once you have defined the keywords, it is important to ensure that they are located in the following parts of your homepage:
• Domain Name: The perfect keyword in your domain name may improve the ranking in the results of search engines (not mandatory).
• Title Tag: As a rule, the Title Tag <TITLE> should clearly describe the content of the website with implied keywords. The title tag is one of the three most important elements of the page. (In addition to meta description and page content). Make sure the Title tag has no more than 55 characters. The formula for a good title tag is: main keyword – second keyword – the name of your business. However, ‘Brand Name’ NOT mandatory.
• Meta Description: The meta description is the first indicator of the content of the website in search engines results. Meta description 155-160 characters and should present your business in the best light. Meta description emphasizes the content of the page on the Google Search List. Short, high-quality meta description of your website will help Google understand what your website is all about.
• Content: Content should be original, because search engines do not like duplicate content. Google favors content that is trustworthy, interesting, original and useful. To get hold of a better ranking, you need to ensure that your website content is of high quality. Spelling and grammar should be impeccable, and the writing style distinctive.
• Alt Image Tag: Good photos are very important for some websites, for example, a restaurant. Good pictures on the website of the restaurant increase sales by 25 to 35%, therefore, it‘s importance to optimize images of decorative dishes. After the image has been given a title, it is necessary to also include an alt text with a short description using the most important keywords. (For example, Luigi’s Restaurant – Italian Restaurant – Pizza Margarita).
• Navigation Menu: The navigation menu should be so that visitors have all the pages of the website correctly and simply in front of them. It is important that visitors can see everything they need to see with just 2-3 clicks.
• Blog: Blogging increases the traffic to your site. You should really think about starting one. What matters is unique content. You can write about anything pertaining to your business. For example, write about a special offer, competition, incoming events, your staff, news, etc. Have fun with it. Don‘t forget to use the right keywords; but be careful, not to overdo it. If you use WordPress on your own domain, you are in luck. Adding title tags and meta descriptions to your pages is easy using free plugins such as All in One SEO, Platinum SEO, and SEO by Yoast. Pay attention to spelling and style and avoid copied contents in any case. Now, you just have to find enough time to write your first blog post.
Off-Site SEO (Link Building) -The off-site optimization is made outside of the website to better rank in the search engines. The basic goal of link building is to get other websites to link to yours. The number and quality of links is the most important external ranking criterion. The links to your web page on social networks, other web sites with similar content, in comments on blogs and forums, YouTube and so on, are the off-site optimization.
• Social Media Networks: The use of social networks has a major impact on optimizing the search engines and you should definitely have an active profile on Facebook, Twitter, etc.. Make sure that the ‘About Us’ is filled with important information about your business. Address, internet address, email address, phone number and other important information should be included. The content – posts (pictures, videos, offers, upcoming events, etc.) that you post to social networks should also contain keywords for SEO. Always post items that your social media fans feel are worthy of sharing. The more your link is shared, the more successful the web page.
• Google Plus: If you still don’t have a business profile on Google+, now is the time to create one. Sign up with Google+ Local Businesses and give as much information as possible about your business and offers. Add links that lead to your website, links to your blog or other social media sites. Spend approximately 15 minutes per day on this social network site and Google will reward you by having you in a good position in Google search maps.Analyze your website:The online world offers many excellent free tools for website analysis such as Google Analytics for SEO. The SEO reports in Google Analytics tell you who visits your website. In particular, the reports provide an opportunity to see what keywords, device, browser people are using to find your website in search results and more. Using this data you can determine advertising opportunities for your business and figure out measures to increase the number of visitors to your website.